Soon after you find out you’re pregnant you’ll start noticing changes in your body. I remember being 6 weeks pregnant and already feeling a belly. Granted it was not the baby, I was bloated. Eventually that went away but by then I had a tiny baby belly and started looking for clothes that would fit my growing body.
Maternity clothes are not cheap. I was expecting them to be affordable because after all, you only need them for less than 9 months but I’ve found them to be even more expensive than what I usually pay for in regular clothes. Plus, the first time around I wasn’t sure where I could find all I needed and ended up wasting a lot of time figuring out where to get affordable maternity clothes.
By the time I got pregnant the second time around I knew where to look for clothes. I actually started showing a lot sooner the second time around so I started wearing maternity pants soon after I found out I was pregnant. They are so comfy that I was really excited to be back into them!
I’m a stay-at-home so I don’t need fancy clothes nor office attire. This list is based on casual maternity clothes that you can wear every day.
Where to buy affordable maternity clothes:
- Facebook groups: This is the new version of yard sales. You can always find a Facebook groups in your local area for moms selling maternity clothes, used toys and baby clothes. This is where you’ll find clothes at the lowest prices and some of the clothes will even be brand new.
If you don’t know of any local Facebook groups then ask your friends or search for your city name on the Facebook search bar.
- H & M: This is my favorite store to buy maternity clothes and for some reason most moms that I’ve spoken to didn’t know H & M sold maternity clothes. I’ve bought from them: maternity underwear, pants, shirts, shorts and dresses. H & M maternity pants are the only ones I wear because they’re nice looking, fit great and are comfortable. You can find some of their selection online.
- Old Navy: I love their maternity shirts, especially for every day use. I haven’t found much on their stores but have found a good selection online. Plus they run sales quite often so you can save money that way.
- Target: I personally haven’t bought maternity clothes from Target because I haven’t found much I liked in stores but a lot of my friends love their maternity selection. You can find a bigger selection online.
- Thrift stores: We don’t have really good thrifts stores in my area so I haven’t been to one but I know some of my Facebook mom friends have had luck in their local thrift stores so it’s worth a shot.
- Discount department stores: Stores likes Marshall’s, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory, Kohl’s and Ross always have a small selection of maternity clothes. I haven’t been lucky at finding casual clothes there but the times I’ve needed a maternity dress for a wedding or dinner I’ve found them at these stores.
- Gap: I haven’t bought maternity clothes from them but they carry a nice selection and you can find them on sale quite frequently. Check out their online selection here.
- Motherhood maternity: I haven’t bought clothes from them either and I find that their selection is a little bit pricey. However they run sales frequently so it’s worth taking a look at, especially if you need outfits that are more formal for work.
- Zulily: This is a discount online site and they have very good deals on all kinds of things: baby, toys, kids, home, clothes, shoes and also maternity clothes. The downside is that shipping can take a while and the prices are still more than what I’d like to pay for maternity clothes.
I have a close friend that needs more formal outfits for work and has had luck finding a great selection here.
- Steals.com: This is another discount online site that frequently has maternity clothes. I use this site mostly to buy baby stuff but I have seen good deals on maternity clothes and bras. When you open the site just type “maternity” on their search bar.
There you have it! Plenty of places where you can buy affordable maternity clothes.
When it comes to my pregnancy wardrobe I get all of my pants and shorts from H & M and my maternity shirts are mostly from Old Navy and H & M. I’ve been able to find everything I needed at great prices in those 2 stores so I think they’re worth going to and checking out online.
One last thing, post on your Facebook wall that you’re looking for maternity clothes before you go shopping. It is very likely that some of your friends will have some for sale or will lend you their maternity clothes. I had a friend that let me borrow most of her maternity shirts during my last pregnancy so I was able to save a lot of money.
Where did you get affordable maternity clothes? Leave a comment down below for the expecting moms reading this post.
Latest posts by Carolina (see all)
- What do millennial moms really want? - April 21, 2017
- DIY Mini-City with Toothpaste Boxes (Upcycle project) - April 19, 2017
- Live on Good Morning Washington: Recipes to Make your Essential Toiletries - April 18, 2017
- 14 Things I Wish I Had Known Before Having My Baby - April 13, 2017
- DIY Natural Deodorant Bar (with Organic Ingredients) - April 9, 2017