I’ve always been an overpacker. I like to be prepared and ever since I can remember my purse would always have the necessary items plus the ones I might need at certain time but not necessarily all the time. I just like to cover my bases.
Now that I’m a mom it’s no different. If anything I might have gone through an exaggerated overpacking phase. Haha!
Now that I have a 3.5 year old and a 10 month old I feel like I’ve mastered the balance between overpacking and under-packing. Although I don’t use everything I carry, I use all of it most of the time. Plus I’ve gotten to the point where now my bags aren’t too heavy and therefore easier to carry around – a must if you ask me!
I have a slight diaper bag obsession and have a stash of Ju-Ju-Be, Petunia Pickle Bottom and Lily Jade diaper bag but regardless of the bag I’m carrying, you will always find the same things in my diaper bag for 2 kids.
Here are my essentials, divided by kid:
- A glass bottle or glass sippy with water (if you’re wondering why glass, it’s because I don’t want the chemicals in plastic leaching into her water).
- 4 diapers
- 3-4 packs of 10 baby wipes
- Change pad (or I take the one that comes with the diaper bag)
- Silicone feeder (read more about my favorite ones here)
- One change of clothes (if I’m gone all day I’ll take 2 outfits)
- Baby non-toxic teething toys
- Baby nail clippers
- Camilia and Earth Best teething gel
- A pair of socks
- Naty eco-disposable bibs
- 2 bandana bibs
- Burp cloths
- Disposable placemat (this is great because it sticks to the table and the baby’s food doesn’t touch the table)
- A small fruit portion in this jar
- A bag of Happy Baby organic yogis
- A Sprout organic food pouch
For my 3 year old:
- 2 training pants (she’s still not fully potty trained)
- Toilet seat covers
- A bunch of snacks
- A change of clothes
- A small portable toy (she will pick it before we leave)
- A Kid Kanteen water bottle
- Hair barrettes (we usually get them from H & M)
- A water bottle
- My Pickle Petunia Bottom wanderlust wallet (I love it because it has a zipper and I can fit my phone in it in when I have to make a quick run to the store)
- Portable cell phone charger + cable
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer
- Business cards (I’m still wondering why I carry these but you never know)
- 2 pens
- Hair clip
- Cell phone
I know it sounds like a lot but all of this will fit in most of my diaper bags with some extra room to spare – which is a must for me since I somehow always end up bringing something back home with us.
By carrying all of this I always have everything I could possibly need when I’m out and it gives me a peace of mind. The last thing I want is to stress about needing something I don’t have because it is not always to stop by a store when you have two little ones.
Is there anything you would add to this list?
Latest posts by Carolina (see all)
- Live on Great Day Washington: Green Spring Cleaning - March 24, 2017
- Folate vs. Folic Acid: Which One Should be Taken During Pregnancy - March 23, 2017
- Live on Good Morning Washington: Recipes to Make DIY Baby Products - March 21, 2017
- Chocolate Raspberry Lip Balm Recipe - March 18, 2017
- The One Thing Kids are Missing From Their Daily Routine - March 15, 2017