There is fun game going on in the blogging world where a blogger nominates another blogger to share 7 facts about herself. If you get nominated you have you give a shout out to the person who nominated you, share 7 facts about yourself, and then nominate some of your own favorite or inspiring bloggers.
My friend Jessica from Pig & Dac has nominated me to share 7 facts about myself. I’m pretty excited about this since this is the first time I get “nominated” by one of my blogger friends to do something. Jessica, has been a friend from before my blogging days but was one of the people to inspire me to start my own blog. She’s smart, funny and a great mom that I can “talk” to for hours and never get bored. She has a great blog, so make sure you stop by and check it out!
So, here it is, 7 facts about me:
- I love traveling: I’ve been traveling since I was in elementary school – thanks to my parents. I feel like I need to travel at least one time a year to keep my soul happy. I just love the smell a new country/city has – it is always unique. I love feeling lost in an unknown city, experience a new place and their people. I love how a city looks when you’re seeing it for the first time – there is spark to it. I have to admit, every time I travel I feel like I could move to that place. Eventually the feeling wears off but traveling is one of those things that bring me great joy.
- I have a hard time accepting my body: This always comes as a surprise when I tell people, although maybe not so much anymore since I’ve been so open about it. My dad is a coach and both of my parents are very fit, they always pressured me in some way to be in good shape. I’ve taken care of myself and worked out a lot, especially in my 20’s but even when I was very fit I felt I could be fitter, skinnier and look overall better. Since becoming a mother I’ve gained the most weight I’ve ever gained in my life and I’ve had a hard time losing it, which makes me feel not so good about myself. This is something I don’t want my daughter to learn, so I’m working on accepting myself but I also don’t want to stay this way so it’s something I struggle with right now.
- I am addicted to sweets: I’ve always had a sweet tooth but in my 20’s I was able to kill it somehow or at least reduce my sweet cravings by a lot. However, once I started nursing I started cravings sweets and I still crave them on daily basis. I try not to give in every time but sometimes I’m not strong enough. I really enjoy eating them, which doesn’t help! Haha! So I can openly say I am addicted to sweets and even though I can suppress it, I think I will always crave them.
- I have an obsession with baby carriers and diaper bags: I’m not sure how this began but once I had my daughter all of my focus shifted on her and part of being with her is having things that make my mommy life easier. Diaper bags and baby carriers are the two things I use on a daily basis and are a must in my life but it’s something I love so much that I have more than one. I have about 6 diaper bags, 2 soft structure carriers and 3 ring slings. Oops! Haha! And I limit myself, if not I would probably have more. Haha!
- I’ve always had a dream of owning a very successful business: This has been a dream I’ve had since my early 20’s – the problem is that I’m not sure what kind of business to have. Haha! I run a business with my father which does well but not as good as to support my family on my own. I’m lucky because I have a husband that supports us but I would love to be able to do that too. Right now my focus is on my daughter and I’m sure it will be this way until I’m done having kids (and beyond) but I’m hoping that someday in the future I will have a great business idea that I’ll be able to pursue.
- I love sleeping in: I know a lot of people like to sleep in but to me, it’s love. Before I had my daughter I would sleep in every time I could. There is something refreshing about waking up just because your body is ready to be up. But since having my daughter, this has become a luxury. Most days I’m wide awake at 6am and ready to start my day. Luckily my amazing husband plays with my daughter some mornings and I get to sleep in, not as much as I used to but enough to make my day! 🙂 The best gift anyone can ever give me is to play with my daughter in the morning so I can sleep in. Haha!
- I learned how to drive when I was 29 (last year): I don’t think many people know this and it’s always a shocker. I’ve never really wanted to drive and never had the interest in learning. I was used to taking cabs back when I lived in Costa Rica (they’re much cheaper than in the US) or getting rides from my friends. When I got married my husband would drive us everywhere or I would use the metro – one of the perks of living in DC. Last year, after my husband insisting A LOT that I have to learn how to drive, I learned. Now that I drive I have no idea how I made it this long without driving. It’s definitively made my life much easier and with kids, driving is a must.
Now to nominate some of my favorite blogger friends:
I love reading other blogs and have quite a few I follow, so forgive me if I don’t put you on this list. It doesn’t mean I don’t love your blog. I’m just trying to narrow down my list or I could go on for hours.
Mom/Me: Is a blog that one of my mommy friends started last year. She is a working mom trying to figure out how to jungle work and home life (I think she does a great job). She has a wonderful son and her posts always have great resources backing what she’s sharing about.
Mama Thyme: Is another blog from a friend of mine. She’s also a working mom and one that loves to cook. She shares lots of recipes in her blog, hence the name, but she also shares some of the activities she does with her daughter (which are pretty creative). So if you’re looking for healthy and easy recipes, visit her blog!
The deliberate mom: I know she was also nominated by Pig & Dac but I just have to nominate her too. She is one of the sweetest bloggers I met. She really takes her time to get to know you. I’m not even sure how she manages to do it with all of the followers she has but I feel like I know her. Her blog is filled with great posts and parenting advice. She’s a homeschooling mom and also blogs about it. Check it out!
Humble in a Heartbeat: This is one of the newest blogs I started following but I love it. This mama always has great advice to share…and almost every time, she blogs about something I was wondering about. She also studied finances so a lot of her posts are about price comparison and budget.. 🙂 Her husband is from Argentina and I’m fascinated by marriages with people from other countries (probably because I am in one). Don’t forget to stop by her blog!
Our Life on a Budget: I love this blog because it feel very genuine to me. This mom is so sweet and she blogs about her mommy life and has the most adorable daughter. She’s a follower of Christ so if you’re one too you will like this blog even more.
The Contented Wife: I feel like this mom opens up about her feeling and being a mommy on her posts. I love it because I can resonate with what she writes. Her blog is about being a stay at home mom and all that it implies. My favorite posts are the ones about motherhood. Definitively check out her blog.
Styled by Jess: This mom is very stylish and so is her family. I love this blog because it inspires me to get out of my mommy uniform (jeans and a t-shirt). I love her post about life, recipes and crafts. It makes me wish I was craftier!
So now it’s your turn: give a shout out to the person who nominated you, share 7 facts about yourself, and then nominate some of your own favorite or inspiring bloggers. Can’t wait to read all about you!