The perfect healthy and tasty treat
I’m constantly trying new recipes for healthy sweets and snacks, especially since I had my baby because nursing has given me a sweet tooth. Since joining Pinterest a few weeks back I’ve been putting recipes I want to try on my healthy desserts board.
Recently I tried one of those recipes and it’s soooo good I just have to share it. To be honest, I’ve tried several recipes but none of them have been worth making again. I got the original recipe from Whole Natural Life. However I tweaked a little so it’s to my taste.
This will become a frequent snack in our household and I love that once my daughter is old enough and starts wanting sweets I have something this tasty and healthy to give her. Did I mention you can make it in 5 minutes? 🙂 Can you tell I love this recipe?
So here it is…
No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Organic Raw Honey (or this one) or Organic Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (or this one
- A dash of salt
Mix all the ingredients, except the shredded coconut, in a pot until they are all combined.
While doing that put the shredded coconut in a frying pan (This is optional but makes it tastier). You don’t need to add oil to the coconut. Put it on high heat and mix until it’s slightly brown.
Now mix it all ingredients together.
Place parchment paper on a cutting board or a cake dish. Spoon cookies onto paper. If the mix is too watery, let it cool for a few minutes and it will harden a little. Make cookies the size you prefer. I made some big ones and smaller ones.
Put it in the freezer for 15 minutes and it’s ready to eat!
You can take them out of the freezer and store them in a air tight container in the fridge. Remember that the base of this is coconut oil so they have to be stored in the fridge or they will melt.
Latest posts by Carolina (see all)
- 8 Ways to Use Bentonite Clay + How to Chose Safe Clay - September 11, 2017
- Need to Go When Your Kid is Having Fun? Ask Your Child This ONE Question To Leave Without Tears - August 24, 2017
- How To Encourage Unsupervised Free Play in a Supervised World - August 20, 2017
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Bars Recipe - August 17, 2017
- The Best Non-Toxic Odor Remover - August 13, 2017