Now that my second baby is getting a little bigger life with two is getting a little easier. I now actually manage to make crafts with my toddler several times a week. I love making crafts because it’s a great way to keep her entertained and let her get creative. I usually explain to her what we’re trying to accomplish, guide her a little bit but let her express herself through arts and crafts.
Last week we made little turtles out of an egg carton. It’s so easy to make and great for smaller kids.
What you need:
- 1 empty cardboard egg carton
- Paint brushes
- Wiggle eyes or you can use these Peel & Stick Wiggle Eyes
- Pom poms
- Cut the egg carton. Each egg holder is equivalent to one turtle so cut out as many as you’d like to make. We made six pieces.
- Let your kid paint each piece of egg carton. My daughter wanted to paint each a different color.
- You can either wait for them to dry or if you’re like us, impatient, stick them in a small oven for a few minutes until the paint is dry. Keep an eye on it, it dries pretty fast.
- Now let you kid paint the egg carton so it looks like the turtle. My kid is too small to make lines that resemble a turtle shell so she made circles. Let it dry (or stick it in the oven) one more time.
- Then glue the pompom on the front part, this will be the face. I use regular glue because my daughter likes to glue stuff but if you want it to be stronger you can use a glue gun.
- Glue the eyes to the pompom.
That’s it – now you have some very cute turtle egg cartons! It’s very easy to make and surprisingly they hold up really well. We’ve been playing with them daily for a week and they’re still in one piece.
If you make this turtle egg carton craft share it on instagram and tag me @mamainstincts so I can see your kid’s creation.
Want to pin this craft? Use this picture optimized for Pinterest:
Latest posts by Carolina (see all)
- 8 Ways to Use Bentonite Clay + How to Chose Safe Clay - September 11, 2017
- Need to Go When Your Kid is Having Fun? Ask Your Child This ONE Question To Leave Without Tears - August 24, 2017
- How To Encourage Unsupervised Free Play in a Supervised World - August 20, 2017
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Bars Recipe - August 17, 2017
- The Best Non-Toxic Odor Remover - August 13, 2017