Little by little we have been changing our lives to use safer and non-toxic products in our home. During this process I’ve bought many different cleaning supplies and also made my own. After lots of trying, testing and tweaking we found the right recipes for us. They are safe, effective and really clean.
Today I want to share with you a recipe that took me a while to get right: a glass cleaner. It sounds like an easy recipe but it took me several attempts to come up with a cleaner that wouldn’t leave marks on the glass after it dried up.
This is seriously one of the easiest recipes I’ve made and the best part is how well it works! The “secret sauce” in this recipe is the cornstarch, without it your glass won’t look clean so make sure you don’t skip any of the ingredients.
This recipe will work great on windows, mirrors and glass so if you have glass decorations you want to see sparkling, spray them with this cleaner. I’ve even used it on stainless steel candle holders and it works great.
DIY Natural Glass Cleaner
- Glass spray bottle
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups warm water
- Measuring cup
- Reusable paper towel: to wipe clean once you spray on surface
Add the rubbing alcohol to the measuring cup followed by the white vinegar.
Then add the cornstarch and 2 cups of warm water. Mix well – until the cornstarch has dissolved.
The mixture will look like white water once it’s all ready like in the picture above.
Put the mixture in your glass sprayer bottle and give it a shake.
Now all you have to do is spray on glass, windows or a mirror and wipe clean with a paper towel.
There you have it – sparkly and shiny windows.
Wasn’t that easy?
Like this recipe? Pin it for later:
Latest posts by Carolina (see all)
- 8 Ways to Use Bentonite Clay + How to Chose Safe Clay - September 11, 2017
- Need to Go When Your Kid is Having Fun? Ask Your Child This ONE Question To Leave Without Tears - August 24, 2017
- How To Encourage Unsupervised Free Play in a Supervised World - August 20, 2017
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Bars Recipe - August 17, 2017
- The Best Non-Toxic Odor Remover - August 13, 2017