We are big fans Disney on Ice shows because let’s face it, who doesn’t love a little Disney magic in your home town. Disney on Ice tours across the USA with different shows, and although we have been to many shows by now, we always have a blast!
When Feld entertainment invited us to attend the Disney on Ice presents Road Trip Adventures we couldn’t say and after going, I am so glad we went, even though it was on a school night. This show is my favorite one so far and let me know you why!
Disney on Ice presents Road Trip Adventures Review
The show starts with the Mary Poppins flying onto the ice. Yes, flying! There’s something magical about seeing a real life Mary Poppins fly. My kids were so excited and it was a perfect way to start the show.
During the Mary Poppins part of the show we saw a lot of dancing, ice skating and even some jumping.
Right after Mary Poppins, Mickey and Minnie Mouse made their appearance. I love how the crowds cheers when they come out. I grew up loving Mickey and Minnie and it’s so fun to see my kids just as excited.
The show is called Disney on Ice presents Road Trip Adventures because it’s a sort of road trip that goes into different Disney movie scenes. They also have a car that drives on the ice throughout the show, at different times. The really cool part about this car is that people from the audience get to ride it!
The Incredibles make a quick appearance in the car.
Next, Moana hit the ice.
Moana has one of my favorite soundtracks so I loved seeing her on the show. The music, the scenery and the light effect were on point.
Disney on Ice does a great job at setting the scenery to make you feel like you’re seeing in real life a part of the movie.
Right after Moana, it started snowing and our favorite sisters made the stage – Anna and Elsa from Frozen with Olaf. The choreography was so much fun but my favorite part of Frozen was the aerial acrobatics.
Then the Lion King crowd took the stage with lots of animals using the most creative and colorful costumes I’ve seen in a Disney on Ice show. It amazes me how these ice skaters are able to perform all their tricks wearing these costumes. They’re truly talented and this is why Disney on Ice shows are also entertaining for adults!
Disney on Ice presents Road Trip Adventures was showcasing a new character this time: Forky from Toy Story!
The kids thought Forky was really funny! We also loved that they dance to “Old Town Road” because my children love this song.
Then princess Jasmine came on stage and sang a few songs, some even had Will Smith displayed on a huge screen singing along. Will Smith plays the genie in the latest Aladdin movie.
My favorite part of this show is seeing the skaters do complex acrobatics and the Aladdin part had a lot of this: jumping on ice, dancing, and lots aerial silk acrobatics.
Even princess Jasmine had a solo performance where she was flying with her prince accompanying her. These parts of the show not only impress me, but the kids are amazed.
Towards the end of the show all of the Disney princesses came out and ice skated and danced together. I love that their incorporated all the princess in the final scene because this way no child is disappointed – they get to see all their favorite princesses.
For the grand finale, all the characters that we saw through the show came out one last time to wave good-bye!
My children sat thought the entire show in awe, and barely moved from their seats. Disney on Ice does a great job at keeping the children engaged during the show with songs, light effects, amazing ice skating performances and of course, their favorite Disney characters.
Out of all the Disney on Ice shows I’ve been to, this is my favorite so far. I say so far because it seems that they get better and better every time.
So, if you’re wondering if it’s worth taking your children to Disney on Ice presents Road Trip Adventures – it is worth it! The children will have a great time and so will you!
A few things to keep in mind about Disney on Ice shows:
- The show lasts about 1h 45min – 2 hours, but not continuos. There is a 15 minute break to take your children to the bathroom.
- Children can come wearing their favorite Disney costume. You will see lots of kids wearing their costumes.
- There are a lot of toys, wands and all sorts of Disney merchandise for sale. If you don’t plan to get anything for your child, have a talk with them before you go. The merchandise is everywhere and pretty hard to escape! I tell my kids they get to choose one thing.
- The food choices are the type of stuff you find in any festival or these type of shows, like pizza, chicken and fries, etc. I personally bring healthy snacks for these shows and do my best to feed the children a filling meal before we get there.
- If you’re bringing water, find out if you can bring it inside the arena. We had to leave our water bottles behind and buy water once we were inside the arena.
- When it comes to the right age to bring a child to a Disney on Ice show, it really depends on your child. We have been bringing our children since they were babies and never had any issues. They do see most of the show standing on their feet and that probably helps them stay still.
- Set expectations – if this is your first time taking your child to a Disney on Ice show explain to them what to expect: what type of show it will be, that there will be lots of merchandise they might not be able to get, that they’re expecting to be in one are during the show.
I like to get my children excited by showing them pictures from other people who have attended, like the ones on this post and by showing them this video about the show:
Find out if you Disney on Ice is coming to your city by clicking here.
Have questions about this show? Leave them in the comments.