I am obsessed with scrubs! There’s something about how your skin feels after using a gentle scrub. Face scrub, body scrub, foot scrub – they just leave the skin feeling so fresh and clean. They are invigorating and make me feel like I am indulging myself. And sometimes, as a mom, times where I indulge myself are few and far between!
But did you know you can also make a lip scrub? Yes, they’re perfect for chapped lips or if the skin on your lips is just not feeling right. It’s a great way to remove all those dead skin cells and give your lips a nice feel again.
This DIY lip scrub is perfect for the winter season because the air inside is dry and the air outside is cold, leaving your skin so dry. Lip scrubs are also great as a preventative measure – preventing dry skin from forming. They also help keep your lips moisturized and hydrated.
Since lip scrubs remove dead skin and help rebalance the lipid layer on your lips, they’re great to use throughout the year to keep your lips nice and plump. You can do them as often as twice a week, but I aim for 2-3 times per month.
This scrub is easy to make, extremely affordable, and full of good-for-you (and good for your lips!) natural ingredients. No need to spend a bunch of money on lip scrubs that are full of who knows what when you can make your own so quickly.
This is even something you could make to place in a gift basket for a friend! I have several DIY natural body products that I love doing this with!
Why it Works:
Each of the ingredients in this scrub brings some lip-loving goodness to the table. And you can find most of them in the baking aisle at your local supermarket.
- Brown sugar is a natural exfoliant and is much more gentle than other exfoliant options. Plus, it’s inexpensive!
- Cinnamon is a natural lip plumper, it can make your lips appear fuller.
- Honey is a natural moisturizer and also has antibacterial properties, so it will help keep your lips healthy.
- Avocado oil is a great moisturizer for lips as it is an oil that takes longer to be absorbed by the skin.
- Clove essential oil is another natural lip plumper and makes them appear to be more full.
Are you ready to try it yet?
DIY Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Lip Scrub
- 4 ½ tablespoons of organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 drop clove essential oil
- Glass jar for storage – if you’re making these as a gift, I like using these amber glass jars or these blue glass jars
You will also need a small mixing bowl to prepare your lip scrub in. And an airtight container to store it in.
Measure one tablespoon of honey into your bowl.
Then, add in 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and 1 drop of Clove essential oil in your bowl.
Add the cinnamon to your mixture, stirring until you get a smooth consistency.
Measure 4 ½ tablespoons of brown sugar in your bowl and combine completely.
You can use it right away. Place a small amount of the scrub on your lips and work it in with a circular motion. Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse your lips with warm water. Enjoy smooth, healthy, moisturizer lips!
You can store the brown sugar and cinnamon lip scrub in an airtight container.
If you make this lip scrub, let me know! I’d love to hear what you think!
DIY Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Lip Scrub Creation