Recently I made a gift basket for a very close friend and I wanted to share it with you because you can make something similar as a Mother’s Day gift. So if you’re still thinking what to get for you mother or mother-in-law keep reading. 🙂
Making a gift basket is something I’ve never made before but once I made it I realized it’s a great way to make someone feel special and it makes any gift look that much cuter.
My friend is into homemade stuff and also tries to avoid toxins in the products she uses so I made for her some of the products I use on a daily basis: Face scrub, organic body butter and toothpaste . I also added a non-toxic dish washing soap and some chocolate goodies (chocolate covered almonds, yogurt covered almonds, dark chocolate truffles and macadamia, caramel & sea salt clusters)…because you can never have too much chocolate! 🙂
This is what I added to my friend’s basket (and what I usually add to most of my baskets):
You can make this basket with homemade products or you can buy a gift or gifts that the person will like. You can make this basket as a Mother’s day gift, or a birthday gift for a woman or a guy. It’s really versatile – all you have to do is decorate according to gender.
All you need is:
- Basket: if you’re on a budget go to a thrift store. You might find a new basket under $10.
- Accessories to decorate your basket: This is where you can be creative and use your imagination. I wasn’t sure what i was making but once I started making it I just tried different ways to decorate it until I was happy. To decorate this basket I used:
Since I was making some of my own products and wanted to mix several chocolates I bought pretty glass jars and decorated them. To decorate them I used:
- These ribbons and this burlap fabric
- Fake flowers: I got different bunches from a craft store but these are also great for decoration
- Craft stickers
- Tags (or these white tags or these cheaper ones)
- Glue gun
Once you have all the accessories just start decorating the basket. Put ribbons on the handles and decorate the sides with flowers. As you’re making them you’ll see what looks better.
Don’t think this is hard, just buy a few things and try them out on a basket, you’ll be surprised with how cute it will end up looking.
Here are some of the baskets I made so you can get some inspiration:
If you want to make a basket like this one below, with tulle fabric, follow these directions.
If you need more details as to how I did this please leave a comment below, I’ll gladly answer it. 🙂
DIY GIft Basket
A great way to make a gift basket.
- Basket if you’re on a budget go to a thrift store. You might find a new basket under $10.
Accessories to decorate your basket:
- Tulle fabric
- Fake flowers
- Easter paper grass
- Burlap fabric
- Craft stickers
- Glue gun
- Glass Jars
- Collect your basket ingredients, such as bath products or chocolate. Fill the glass jars with them and use ribbons and burlap to decorate the jars.
- Wrap ribbons or tulle on the handles of your basket. Glue as needed to secure.
- Glue flowers around the edge of your basket.
- Fill the basket with Easter grass and your decorated jars.