Yelling comes natural to many people because it’s how most of us were raised. But is it the right way to discipline? Are children truly learning their lessons or are they complying out of fear?
Have you ever stopped to think what happens when we yell? Have you wondered if there are better, more peaceful and more effective ways, to discipline your kids? If so, you must listen to this podcast episode.
Hit play on the pink arrow below so you can listen to this podcast episode where I tell you how we effectively discipline our children without having to yelling and why you should try it too.
HOW and WHY to discipline your kids without yelling
You can also listen to this episode your favorite platform! The Mama Instincts Podcast is available on:
You can subscribe on any of these platforms to get notified when we publish new episodes.
On this episode I talk about:
- Why most parents yell
- What happens to children when you yell at them
- How to discipline without yelling
- Things we can do instead of yelling
- The most important thing we can do to effectively discipline children
After listening to this podcast, you will have a new perspective on yelling and will be inspired to try different parenting techniques with your children.
Show notes for Episode 1: HOW and WHY to discipline your kids without yelling
If you’d like to dig even deeper on how to discipline your children without yelling, then check out these posts:
- Stop yelling as a way to discipline and try this instead
- I don’t want to be the mom who yells (Green Child Magazine, Spring issue 2019, page 22)
There are also some great books that show us alternative ways to discipline:
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting by Laura Markham
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish.
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason by Alfie Kohn.
I’d love to get to know you a little bit better and my favorite platform for that is Instagram! I’m @mamainstincts there so stop by and say hi.
Also, I love sharing daily inspiration, parenting tips as well as a little bit of my life on Instagram stories so if that’s your cup of tea, I hope to see you there!
Want to meet like-minded moms?
Join our FREE facebook group here.
Suggestions? Episode ideas?
Would you like me to cover a specific topic? Have any feedback on this podcast episode? Send me a message on Instagram or to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Podcast Idea”.