Parenting is not always easy, especially when you have little ones who don’t always understand why something is considered right and some other things are considered wrong.
It’s our job as parents to shape our children, but what do you do when your parenting techniques are not really working?
You find new ways to discipline them!
But finding new ways is not always easy because you have to think outside of the box. This is why I love listening to audiobooks, podcasts, reading and asking trusted friends for advice, because sometimes they show you a different way to do things that will be effective with your children.
Earlier this year I discovered a new parenting technique that has been very effective with my children: humor! Yes, I know it sounds odd but it’s really works! Will it work for absolutely everything?, of course not, but it’s a great tool to have in your parenting kit. Once you learn more about it, you will understand how and when to use it with your own kids.
Hit play on the pink arrow below so you can listen to this podcast episode where I tell you our story of how we got our daughter to stop bitting using humor as well as other ways you can use humor to discipline your children.
How to use humor effectively as a way to discipline children:
You can also listen to this episode your favorite platform! The Mama Instincts Podcast is available on:
You can subscribe on any of these platforms to get notified when we publish new episodes.
On this episode I talk about:
- How to use humor as a way to discipline children
- Why is humor so important
- How to use humor as a parenting tool
- When to use humor with children
- The benefits of using humor as one of your parenting strategies
After listening to this podcast, you will understand how and when to use humor when parenting your children and why it is such a great tool to connect with your child, even when they’re angry.
Show notes for Episode 2: A secret tool – using humor to discipline children
In this episode we mentioned:
- Larry Cohen, author of Playful Parenting: An Exciting New Approach to Raising Children That Will Help You Nurture Close Connections, Solve Behavior Problems, and Encourage ConfidencePlayful Parenting: An Exciting New Approach to Raising Children That Will Help You Nurture Close Connections, Solve Behavior Problems, and Encourage Confidence.
I’d love to get to know you a little bit better and my favorite platform for that is Instagram! I’m @mamainstincts there so stop by and say hi.
Also, I love sharing daily inspiration, parenting tips as well as a little bit of my life on Instagram stories so if that’s your cup of tea, I hope to see you there!
Want to meet like-minded moms?
Join our FREE facebook group here.