My daughter got angry, she wanted a toy we weren’t going to buy and started melting down. She was so upset, crying and frustrated that I wasn’t complying with her request. I could have picked her up and ran outside of the store but instead I stood next to her, calm and peaceful, and I let her know I was right here.
My friend looked over at me and said: “how can you stay so calm when she’s behaving this way in public?”. But, how could I not? She was having a melting and needed a calming presence in her life to remind her that she too can calm down.
Being a calm and peaceful parent is not something we are born with, it’s something we have to work on, every single day. It’s something we can all achieve when we make it a priority in our lives. Being a calm and peaceful parent is not only good for our children, but it’s also good for us, for our own health and for the entire family. Being a calm and peaceful parent allows us to enjoy our lives more and teaches us how to focus on those things that truly matter. It also allows us to see and understand things we didn’t before, because when our minds are quiet and our bodies are relaxed, we are able to think outside of the box and we are able to help our children and help ourselves more accurately.
Hit play on the pink arrow below so you can listen to this podcast episode where I talk about simple strategies you can implement in your life to be a more calm, peaceful and loving parent (and person too!).
Simple Strategies to be a More Calm and Peaceful Mom
You can also listen to this episode your favorite platform! The Mama Instincts Podcast is available on:
You can subscribe on any of these platforms to get notified when we publish new episodes.
On this episode I talk about:
- The most important thing you can do every single morning to set yourself up for success and to be a more calm and peaceful mom.
- Why surrounding ourselves with uplifting messages is a powerful reminder to be who we really want to be.
- Why we need to practice self-care, even when the kids are with us 24/7, in order to instill calmness in our homes. And what does it even mean to practice self-care.
- How to fill up your own patience bucket so you have enough patience when things get rough.
- How to recognize when you need to pause and recharge yourself.
- The importance of refueling your mind and body, why we should do this daily and how to do it even if you’re a stay-at-home mom.
- How to use humor and the presence of our children to learn how to live in the moment.
- Why we should always find things that bring us joy.
- Why having realistic expectations can help us stay calm, even when things are a bit hectic.
After listening to this podcast, you will have simple strategies and changes you can implement in your every day life so that you can become a more peaceful and calm parent. You will understand HOW to be more patient and why being calm is not only good for our children but also for us. You will learn how to be more calm and peaceful, every single day, and not just sometimes.
YOU have the power to focus on the good things in your life. YOU have the power to change your life. YOU have the power to be who you truly want to be. Life is a gift a lot of us take for granted. When we are more calm and peaceful people, we can start to enjoy more our lives, our children and we can change our lives.
Show notes for Episode 4: Simple Strategies to be a More Calm and Peaceful Parent
In this episode we mentioned:
- Audiobooks: My favorite platform is audible because you can pay a membership fee which gives you monthly credits for books. Each audible book is 1 credit, regardless of price. This is especially great when books are pricey – like the one mentioned below.
You can try audible for free and get 2 free audible books:
- Wall Decals: I love having uplifting messages around the house! This is the decal I mentioned during the episode and my favorite one! Here are some other ones I have and also love:
I’d love to get to know you a little bit better and my favorite platform for that is Instagram! I’m @mamainstincts there so stop by and say hi. Also, I love sharing daily inspiration, parenting tips as well as a little bit of my life on Instagram Stories so if that’s your cup of tea, I hope to see you there!
Want to meet like-minded moms?
Join our FREE facebook group here.