I am not always super crafty with the kid’s lunches, but for Halloween, I like to get a little creative! One of my favorite things to make are spider pizza bagel bites. They are healthy small pizza bites and so so so easy to make!
All you need are mini bagels, tomato sauce, cheese and black olives. However, you could certainly skip a few steps and just use these organic premade pizzas to make it even easier. I recommend using those if you’re making these with many kids at once.
These spider pizza bagel bites don’t require pizza dough (unless you want to make them with that) and you can even make them gluten-free, if you can find the right bagels.
The best part is that it’s easy enough for the kiddos to make them with you! I like to set up all the ingredients and let the kids have fun making them.
They’re also more likely to eat their entire meal when they’re the ones making it!
How to Make Easy Spider Pizza Bagel Bites
First, preheat your oven to 425-degrees.
While that’s warming up, cut your mini-bagels in half and arrange them in an even layer on a baking sheet.
Spread 1 tablespoon of sauce over each bagel-half evenly.
Then cover each bagel-half in shredded cheese. Kids love cheese, so add some extra. Trust me.
Cut 6 of your olives in half and place an olive halve on the center of each bagel half.
It’s time then to slice the remaining olives into 8 thin slices and arrange 4 of these thin slices of olive on each side of each ½ olive you put on a bagel (giving you 8 spider legs, 4 on either side of the spider body).
Then just bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
And that’s it!
For a little more kick, you can add some crushed red pepper to your spider pizza bites.
Other Healthy Halloween Party Snacks
Really, there’s so many easy options for healthy halloween desserts. Some others I’ve thought of are:.
- 6 Healthy Halloween Treats that you’ll be excited to give your kid. Seriously, they’re good for lunches, parties and snacks. You’ll love ’em.
- Vomiting Watermelon Fruit Tray – A spooky fruit platter that will get everyone talking at your next party. Plus, it’s a lot easier to make than it sounds.
- Homemade Ice Cream made with grape eyeballs…spooky!
- Spider Deviled Eggs like this easy and cute recipe I found.
- Dark Chocolate Halloween Bark made with some coconut oil chocolate and some of those halloween gummies, this would be an awesome treat!
I hope you love these easy party snacks for halloween as much as we do!
Spider Pizza Bagel Bits Creation