Hit play below to listen to this podcast episode and start handling your child’s tantrums in more peaceful and effective way:
How to deal with toddler temper tantrums in public (and at home too)
You’re out running an errand and everything is going well, when you look at your child and you can see it in their face. She starts turning red or maybe her breathing is becoming more agitated and before you know it, the tantrum is here. Your child seems out of control for what feels like an eternity and you are left wondering if you could have handled that differently.
Tantrums can be quite challenging on their own but when they happen in public, that adds a whole another layer to this challenge. You might be out and about with a tight schedule and little time to handle a tantrum or you might have strangers giving you judging looks and making hard to deal with your child’s tantrum. Regardless of where the tantrum is taking in place, the best thing we can do is to come up with a way to handle these tantrums in a way peaceful yet effective way.
So, how do you handle toddler tantrums in public? Although there is no one way to handle temper tantrums there are things we can do to minimize them from happening, even before we leave our homes. There are also ways to handle the tantrums so your child can overcome them in less time and that’s what we will be talking about on this episode.
On this episode Mama Instincts talks about:
- How to minimize toddler tantrums
- How to prepare yourself for a toddler tantrum
- How to deal with toddler tantrums in public
- What to do during a toddler tantrum
- Examples of what to say during and after the temper tantrum
After listening to this episode you feel inspired to handle temper tantrums in a different way. You will understand how you can approach tantrums in a more peaceful and loving way yet in a way that’s effective and not permissive. You will also feel more confident in your capacity to handle tantrums in public. Plus I share with you my process for dealing with a tantrum in public effectively – step by step.
Mentioned on this episode:
- Podcast episode 3: Listen to this episode if you haven’t done so yet, it will help you set your child’s expectations before an outing to minimize tantrums
- Podcast episode 11: If you need more inspiration on how to be a confident parent when others around you aren’t supportive, then listen to this episode.
- Need more tips on how to deal with tantrums and understand the nature behind them? Read this post.
You can also to the Mama Instincts Podcast on your favorite platform! The Mama Instincts Podcast is available on:
You can subscribe on any of these platforms to get notified when we publish new episodes.
I’d love to get to know you a little bit better and my favorite platform for that is Instagram! I’m @mamainstincts there so stop by and say hi. Also, I love sharing daily inspiration, parenting tips as well as a little bit of my life on Instagram Stories so if that’s your cup of tea, I hope to see you there!
Want to meet like-minded moms?
Join our FREE facebook group here.