Hit play below to listen to this podcast episode where I share with you tips and encouragement for creating an intentional holiday season that will leave you feeling recharged and connected to your kids, even in the midst of a pandemic.
You can also listen to the Mama Instincts Podcast on your favorite platform! The Mama Instincts Podcast is available on:
Don’t forget to subscribe on your favorite podcasting platform so you get notified when new episodes come out!
End 2020 By Creating An Intentional Holiday For Your Family
What an intense year this has been!
For most of us, this pandemic has been very scary and rough, and for all of us, life as we know it has changed. So here we are, finding ourselves in a holiday season like no other – without being able to spend it with our friends and extended family and worrying about our children and how this will impact them.
But just because we are going through a pandemic, and just because things are not as they usually are, doesn’t mean the holidays are ruined. This holiday is an opportunity, an opportunity to create new family traditions, an opportunity to disconnect, recharge and build strong family connections. It is an opportunity to show our children that even in the midst of chaos, we can find peace, joy and love.
This is the time to have a more intentional holiday season, and how do we do that? That’s exactly what this episode is about.
On this episode Mama Instincts talks about:
- How shifting your perspective makes it easier find joy and gratitude throughout this very different holiday season.
- How we can help our children to build resilience by creating a plan to make the most of this holiday season.
- Embracing the idea of letting go what we cannot control and learn to be content in the present moment, whatever it looks like. This is a great lesson for our children too and I share with you ways in which they can learn this.
- Why this holiday season is a great time to hit the reset button and how to do that, even with your kids.
- Get ideas for pandemic friendly traditions you can start with your own family to reconnect and create lasting memories.
- How important it is to model healthy habits for our children this holiday season including: managing stress, expressing emotions and making decisions in a calm state.
After listening to this episode you will have a different perspective of the holiday season and my hope is that you take the tips from this podcast episode and make the best of it. This is the time to reconnect as a family, to connect with yourself and to create a holiday atmosphere that is centered on love, gratitude, generosity and joy. Don’t let a pandemic take away this opportunity to grow a stronger bond with your children!
Mentioned on this episode:
- Three Beliefs That Can Shift The Way You Live Your Life (Episode 30)
- Raising Emotionally Intelligent Children Series: Acknowledge Their Feelings (Episode 28)
- Give the gift of Regular Girl
Regular Girl and I have partnered to bring to you The Mama Instincts Podcast. Why? Because I am a HUGE fan of Regular Girl and have been using it for over 2 years, so when they offered to sponsor the podcast I couldn’t say no!
Regular Girl will be financially supporting the podcast production but I am still and always will be 100% in control of the content of each podcast episode.
What is Regular Girl?
Regular Girl is a blend of prebiotic fiber and probiotics. It contains 5 grams of clinically proven and gentle-on-your-belly soluble fiber and 8 billion active probiotics. It dissolves clearly in water, without changing the texture of your water, and it’s also flavorless. It’s great for your digestive health, overall wellness, and the perfect product to avoid constipation in kids!
Regular Girl is also non-GMO, USDA Organic, gluten-free, vegan and low-FODMAP certified. Click here to learn more about Regular Girl and don’t forget to use the code MAMA to save 10% on your first purchase.
We are community of women and we’d love for you to join us on Instagram! I’m @mamainstincts there and I share daily inspiration, parenting tips, health and wellness info as well as a little bit of my life on Instagram Stories. I hope to see you there!
Suggestions? Episode ideas?
Would you like me to cover a specific topic? Have any feedback on this podcast episode? Send me a message on Instagram or to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Podcast.”