For a long time I was looking for the perfect face scrub. I didn’t like just washing my face with soap because it didn’t feel clean and most of the scrubs I tried weren’t really scrubs. Years ago I came across St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub and I loved it. I used it as my face wash for many years, that is until I realized it doesn’t have a good rating with the Environmental Working Group (see rating). I didn’t want to wash my face with something that had toxic ingredients so my search for a non-toxic face scrub began. This is when I ran across several DIY recipes…
After trying some of them I came up with my own recipe that have been using for over 3 years and that I really love.
It’s all I use to wash my face, I even stop using a moisturizer since this face scrub leaves my face moisturized. My skin has never felt this good and my face acne is gone!
Give it a try! It’s so cheap to make that you have nothing to lose and you might fall in love with it too!
- 6 tablespoons of sugar (I like Organic Sucanat Brown Sugar)
- 4 tablespoons of Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons of honey (I use Y.S. Organic Bee Farms – Organic Honey)
- 2 teaspoons of Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda (it’s only $2 if you use amazon pantry)
Note: my original recipe just had sugar and oil and it was really good. That’s what I used for a long time so if you only have those ingredients make your face scrub with that.
Make sure the coconut oil is soft and if i’t’s not then heat it a little bit, until it’s soft. If it ends up melting that’s ok, it will work too. Mix all the ingredients together with a spoon and once they are mixed put them in a glass jar. I use a wide mouth half pint jar because it’s easy to get the scrub out with your fingers.
That’s it! In less than 5 minutes you have your own non-toxic face scrub that works even better than most stuff buy in stores.
I leave my jar in the shower and use this scrub on a daily basis.
Let me know if you like it!
Like this? Pin it!
Latest posts by Carolina (see all)
- Folate vs. Folic Acid: Which One Should be Taken During Pregnancy - March 23, 2017
- Live on Good Morning Washington: Recipes to Make DIY Baby Products - March 21, 2017
- Chocolate Raspberry Lip Balm Recipe - March 18, 2017
- The One Thing Kids are Missing From Their Daily Routine - March 15, 2017
- Why I let my 3 year old use a knife - March 12, 2017