Close your eyes and image fresh mashed potatoes on your plate… Can you almost smell it? Does your mouth water as much as mine does? I absolutely love mashes potatoes. It is one of my favorite side dishes and it goes so well with most of the recipes I make.
One of my favorite meals is chicken or steak with a side of veggies and mashes potatoes. Mmmm! I love making tasty mashed potatoes, you know, the kind that doesn’t require gravy because they taste so good on their own.
Over the years I’ve perfected my recipe but there was one BIG problem. Potatoes take a long time to cook! I can’t tell you how many times I forgot I was cooking them and I would end up with a pot of burned potatoes. It happened so many times since I became a mom that I gave up on mashed potatoes.
That is, until the Instant Pot came into my life.
Believe it or not, I had my Instant Pot for over a year before I realized I could make mashed potatoes. I gave it a go and I was impressed, not only did my potatoes cook in record time, it was the best mashed potatoes I had ever made – confirmed by my husband and picky kids.
Now I can make amazing mashed potatoes in less than 10 minutes. It takes about 2 minutes to peel the potatoes, 3 minutes to cook them, a few more minutes to wait for the Instant Pot to depressurize and about 2 minutes to prep them.
Ever since I discovered I can make mashed potatoes this way, I make them quite often. They’re just so good! But the best part is that if I forgot I’m cooking them, that’s okay because they won’t burn in the Instant Pot.
If you haven’t tried my other Instant Pot recipes already, click here to see them all.
I am so excited to share this recipe with you because I am sure your friends and family are going to love it as much as we do!
3 Minute Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
This recipe serves a family of 4 with big size portions. If you need to make a bigger batch just adjust the cooking time by adding a few extra minutes.
- 3 large organic potatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons of high quality butter like Kerrygold (you can get it in bulk at Costco)
- 1/2 cup of organic whole milk
- Himalayan salt to taste
Latest posts by Carolina (see all)
- Postpartum Urinary Incontinence: Why It Happens and How To Fix It - June 21, 2017
- How to Reconnect With Your Child When Life Gets Too Busy - June 20, 2017
- Introduction to swimming: What’s the right flotation device for my child - June 19, 2017
- How to Get Rid of Garden Pests Naturally - June 7, 2017
- 10 Non-Toxic Sun Safety Essentials For Your Family - June 4, 2017