That moment when your loved ones opens a Christmas gift only to find something they don’t like. You look at them trying to decipher if that smile and thank you are honest or if they’re just being polite because they don’t want to make you feel bad for choosing a gift they don’t like.
Has this ever happened to you?
The gift you thought they would love might end up in the pile of stuff they’ll never use or maybe they’ll return it and get something they love. Either way it doesn’t feel good to get a gift that’s not loved. It most likely makes the person that’s receiving the gift feel bad too because they don’t want to tell you they don’t like but they also don’t want to lie.
It is an awkward situation all around that has probably happened, at least, once to all of us.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Getting a gift mom or your girlfriend will love is so easy if you pay close attention to what they like and if they love the latest techie gadgets than you’ve come to the right post. I love all things technology and I’m always trying out new things, some which are really cool and I end up using daily and others not so cool.
So I’ve compiled a list of my top 8 gift for techie lovers and I hope you can find something your mom or friend will absolutely love.
8 Cool Tech Gadgets Every Mom Must Have
HP Sprocket 2-in-1
About a year ago I got the HP Sprocket, which is a little portable printer that hooks up to your phone via bluetooth so you can print photos anywhere you go. What I loved about it is that it’s tiny and it doesn’t use ink. It actually has a special paper that already contains the ink (don’t ask me how it works but it’s awesome) and you can print any photos.
I love this sprocket so much that I carry it everywhere with me but after a while I started wishing I could print these photos without having to use my phone because my kids would use it, our friends would use it at parties and I just didn’t like giving my phone to everyone.
Well turns out HP must have thought some people would just want a point and shoot camera that also printed photos because that’s exactly what they came out with. It’s called the HP Sprocket 2-in-1 and it’s awesome!
We recently took it to a party and it was a success. Everyone loved it and it was so fun taking pictures and printing them right on the spot.
This gift guide is brought to you thanks to our partnership with HP.
The HP Sprocket 2-in-1 it’s like the old school Polaroid cameras, but a lot better and here’s why:
- It’s tiny: it’s about the size of a smart phone so you can take it anywhere and you don’t need to carry anything else to have it print your photos. Just add the 10-pack sheet of paper photos, take a pic and print. The camera doesn’t need ink since the photo paper comes with the ink embedded. Plus it has a sticky back so you can easily stick them to your wall, photo album or anywhere you want to.
- Your friends can print their own photos too: If your friends have a cool photo in their own phone that you want to print, there’s no need to retake it. Just connect to your HP Sprocket 2-in-1 via bluetooth and print away.
- It gives you high-quality instant photos: up to 313 x 400 dpi (dots per inch) color resolution
- You can even print your photos from social media: Just download the Sprocket App, hook it up to the camera via bluetooth and print photos from your favorite social media platforms.
- HP Sprocket App: Install the app and you can customize the photos before you print them. You can add a filter, frame, sticker, text, emojis, or to crop your image.
The HP Sprocket 2-in-1 was recently released and you can get it now at Best Buy. It comes with the HP Sprocket Photo Printer, USB cable, wriststrap, 1 pack of HP ZINK Sticky-Backed photo paper (10-sheets) and instructions.
The only downside is that once you take it out of your purse everyone will want to use it! It’s great for parties, scrapbooking, making a photo album and our favorite way to use it is to take pictures we later stick to a wall at home.
I remember watching cartoon when I was kid where the characters would talk to a machine and it would talk back. It seemed so unreal at the time but now this is part of our daily lives at it’s amazing!
The Amazon Echo is a tiny round device that hooks to your Amazon Account via your wireless internet and turns into your personal assistant. No more having to look up stuff on your phone. Ask “Alexa” in your Echo to play music, the weather, news or even ask her specific questions and learn about new things.
We use it the most to play music. The kids just ask Alexa what they want to play and it plays it for them. It’s awesome!
You can get the Amazon Echo in different sizes, Echo Dot, Echo, Echo Plus, Echo Spot and Echo Show. We got a couple of Echo Dots because they’re smaller and more affordable and have them in separate rooms.
I discovered the Wemo Plugs after I got the Amazon Echo Dot. Turns out you can turn your home into a smart home with pretty much any of the smart Wemo devices but my favorite ones are the plugs.
They’re just a tiny plug that go into any electrical plug and then you plug whatever you want in them. The plugs are hooked to your wireless network and work through an app.
You can set timers to have your lights go on and off at certain times, you can even turn things on and off while you’re away since it’s all controlled through the app.
And on those night we forget to tell Alexa to turn our Christmas tree off I just turn it off from my bed, using the app. How awesome is that?
You can hook anything to these plugs, like your coffee machine, lamps, your TV, laptop, etc. If you can plug it in, you can use it on the Wemo plug.
Garmin Speak with Amazon Alexa
This is pretty much like the Amazon Alexa in your home but in the car. No more having to search for music while you’re driving, you can ask for directions, make lists and even control the devices in your home just by speaking to it.
By having Garmin Speak you can pretty much anything just by using your voice.
This might be the most expensive on this list but it is epic. I’ve had my Apple watch for over a year now and it’s been a life saver.
To make the best use of your iWatch you should have an iPhone since they connect to each other. Here’s how I use my Apple Watch as a busy mom:
- Answer text messages and phone calls while I’m on the go.
- See notifications without having to get my phone out. So if it’s important I will see it right away and get my phone to take care of the issue.
- It has a function that will make your iPhone beep loud so you can find it. I keep forgetting where I left my phone so I use this function about 5 times a day in my home.
- You can say “hey siri” and ask the watch to do pretty much anything. I use it this way to text my husband when I’m driving, to set up timers when I’m cooking and to set up reminders on the go.
- It comes with a map so if you’re walking you don’t need to walk holding your phone, just glance at your watch and you’ll know if you’re going the right way.
- It tracks your steps and you can even swim with it!
Every now and then we all need to disconnect and immerse ourselves in music. We can be cleaning, cooking, working on our laptops but whatever we are doing we don’t want to be held down by a cable and that’s where wireless headphones come in.
But not all wireless headphones are created equally, some are really crappy and make listening to music so painful. At the same time I hate spending hundreds of dollars on headphones and also hate headphones that are ugly looking. Ha!
We all dream of having a housekeep come to our house every day and leave once its spotless but that’s not something most of us can afford so the next best thing is to get a vacuum robot.
Simpeak 4 Port USB Charger Stand for Apple
There’s nothing that drives me crazier than having lots of cable everywhere and then losing half of them because they’re all over the house. This little gadget makes it easy to charge all of your device in one place without it being an eye sore.
There you have it – our 8 favorite tech gadgets that mom will love and that will make mom life so a little bit easier.
Would you add anything else to this list?