Barbecue sauce all over my fingers (and probably on my face), laughing with friends, and having fun – these are the things that come to mind when I think of chicken wings. Foods can evoke strong feelings and memories because eating is such a full experience involving all of your senses. Chicken wings are such a fun food!
But chicken wings can sometimes be a little intimidating for the homecook. There are a few steps to these chicken wings but the use of the Instant Pot makes them super easy! Yes, you can make tasty chicken wings in your Instant Pot.
The Instant Pot is one of my favorite kitchen tools. It’s especially handy because if you’ve forgotten to get meat out of the freezer (again), you can pop your still frozen chicken, pork, or beef into the pot and have it fully cooked and ready to eat in under half an hour.
And with the Instant Pot you don’t have to worry about foods burning. You add all your ingredients to the pot, set it, and go. No need to stand in your kitchen while the food is cooking.
These Instant Pot BBQ chicken wings are a hit with adults and kids alike and are perfect for a party, friendly get-together, or just a fun dinner at home.Prior to making your chicken wings, you’ll want to prepare your BBQ Sauce. You can use store-bought sauce but I personally don’t care for store bought BBQ sauce because it usually contains such high amounts of sugars and because tomatoes are one of the vegetables that often contain high levels of pesticides.
Plus making homemade BBQ sauce is really easy and so much tastier. I love making this Sugar-Free Barbecue Sauce. By making it yourself, you can use organic ingredients and skip all that sugar. Plus, it’s delicious on everything from chicken to sandwiches to fries!
I usually make a big batch of sauce and freeze whatever we have left over for the next time we make chicken wings.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs. of frozen or fresh organic chicken wings and drumsticks
- 2 cups water
- Homemade BBQ sauce – you can also use your favorite store-bought sauce instead
Add water and frozen chicken to your Instant Pot.
Lock the lid into place and move the pressure valve to sealing position. Using the poultry setting (if you don’t have a poultry button, press the manual button), cook the chicken for 15 minutes if frozen and 10 minutes if it’s fresh.
When the chicken is done cooking, use the quick release method to depressurize the Instant Pot. Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot using tongs.
Pour the BBQ sauce into a deep bowl or pan. Dip each piece of chicken into the sauce. Handle the chicken with care as the Instant Pot does a great job at cooking it soft and tender.
When I’m not in a hurry, I’ll leave the chicken in the sauce for 30-60 minutes.
After dipping, lay the chicken on a baking sheet. Broil the chicken for 5 -10 minutes on each side until the sauce gets sticky and starts to brown.
If you’re making these Instant Pot BBQ chicken wings for a party in your home, I suggest you do the broiling when your guests have arrived.
Remove the chicken wings from the broiler and let set for 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish with parsley or any other green seasoning you have at home.
Serve the chicken wings with a bowl of the BBQ sauce right next to them so your family and friends can dip the chicken wings in the sauce.
This is not only a great party food but it’s also so affordable and easy to make!
If you’re making these chicken wings for your family, serve with them veggies or salad and rice or these 3 minutes Instant Pot mashed potatoes.
Are you ready to make chicken wings at home now? 🙂
Instant Pot BBQ chicken wings
Make these delicious chicken wings in your Instant Pot for a family event or as a party snack everyone will love.
- 4 lbs. chicken wings and drumsticks, frozen or fresh
- 2 cups water
- Homemade BBQ sauce - find recipe on MamaInstincts.com or use your favorite store-bought BBQ sauce
- Add water and frozen chicken to your Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid into place and move the pressure valve to sealing position.
- Using the poultry or manual setting, cook the chicken for 15 minutes if frozen or 10 minutes if it’s fresh.
- When the chicken is done cooking, use the quick release method to depressurize the Instant Pot.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot using tongs. Handle the chicken with care as the Instant Pot does a great job at cooking it soft and tender.
- Pour the BBQ sauce into a deep bowl or pan. Dip each piece of chicken into the sauce.
- After dipping, lay the chicken on a baking sheet. Broil the chicken for 5 -10 minutes on each side until the sauce gets sticky and starts to brown.
- Remove from the broiler and let set for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parsley or your favorite green seasoning and serve with BBQ sauce.
While the chicken is cooking, make our homemade BBQ recipe, when the chicken is done cooking, your BBQ sauce will be ready too.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1234Total Fat: 90gSaturated Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 50gCholesterol: 320mgSodium: 1517mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 66g
Please keep in mind that these nutritional values are estimates, based on the ingredients, and it might not be accurate.
Leave a Reply